413-330-0668 briannedj@gmail.com

According to Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association MJPA – there are many things you need to know before you hire. New England Disc Jockeys NEDJ has been performing weddings in the Palmer area for over 35 years. No matter what type of wedding you are planning, formal, picnic, small or large, we can help ensure that the marriage license part goes smoothly. Below is the list of items you need to know before hiring a Justice of the Peace for your Palmer, Massachusetts wedding.

  • A Justice of the Peace/Celebrant must have a valid marriage license in hand to officiate or solemnize your wedding. No witnesses are required in this civil ceremony. The Justice of the Peace/Celebrant’s signature is sufficient.
  • To apply for a license,
    • Both parties must appear jointly in person with identification in any Massachusetts City/Town Clerk’s Office.
    • If either is under 18 years of age, a court order must be obtained from a probate or district court.
  • The fee for a license varies from city/town to city/town.
  • Massachusetts no longer requires blood tests
  • There is a mandatory 3-day waiting period which can only be waived with a court order. The license or “intention to marry” is valid for 60 days from the date you file and can be used to marry in any city or town in Massachusetts. When you pick up the license, check it for accuracy or you may later be charged for corrections.
  • There is no prescribed form of ceremony and no particular words are essential, but there should be evidence of a promise or contract to take each other as marital spouses.
  • Once you have been pronounced a married couple, the Justice of the Peace/Celebrant completes Section 20 on the license, signs it, and returns it to the city or town hall from which it was obtained.
    Couples can then obtain for a fee a certified copy of their marriage license from the City/Town Clerk’s Office which issued the license. State law prohibits a Justice/Celebrant from making a copy of the license for a couple.
  • Fees are set by state law and a Justice of the Peace/Celebrant may charge the maximum amount of $100 within his/her home community or $150 outside of his/her home community. Justices of the Peace/Celebrants may charge additional fees for prenuptial consultations, conferences, customized ceremonies, special requests, and rehearsals, as long as these charges are disclosed in writing forty-eight hours before these services are delivered.

 Choosing the Right Justice of the Peace in Palmer

Brian Fowler of New England Disc Jockeys understands that you want the wedding of your dreams. He has been a Justice of the Peace for the Palmer area since 2008. Brian understands how much work is involved and will assist in cutting out some of the added stress by hosting, playing the music you love and even officiate your wedding. For over thirty years, New England Disc Jockey has captured the special feelings that couples want on their wedding day. New England Disc Jockeys are experienced, dedicated and professional. We make your Wedding day as important to us as it is to you. As Master of Ceremonies, New England Disc Jockeys adds a personal touch to your ceremony. We offer exclusive online tools that will help you plan every detail of your reception.  

If you are getting married in the Palmer area, and need a Justice of the Peace for your wedding, give New England Disc Jockeys a call to help you make your special day less stressful and more about bringing two wonderful people together in the most romantic way.

Agawam, Feeding Hills, Brimfield, Chicopee, East Longmeadow, Hampden, Holyoke, Longmeadow, Ludlow, Monson, Montgomery, Palmer, Southwick, Springfield, West Springfield, Westfield, Wilbraham.